Fit Tight Covers is committed to designing and producing removable, reusable, custom covers that will perform in accordance with customer expectations, environmental factors, and project specifications.
Although the Quality Check is the last step of the design process before shipment, we consider it the most important.
Here is what the FTC Quality Check includes:
The first step to our quality check actually begins before the blanket is produced. The Work Instructions Packet is produced for every job. The packet is distributed to every department, including design, CNC machine operators, sewing, insulation fabricators, and QC. The Work Instructions packet provides the following:
- List of items to be fabricated for the job
- Specifications for materials
- Dimensional drawings, produced in house or provided by customer (Used to verify dimensions in every department)
- Shipping Information
Upon completion of fabrication, the blanket goes to the QC (Quality Control) Department, which currently includes two full-time inspectors. Each QC inspector works on one blanket at time. The FTC Quality Check is completed in full on each blanket before moving to another blanket.
FTC Quality Check
- Verify dimensions by comparing the produced blankets to the dimensional drawings included in the Work Instruction Packet.
- Confirm correct materials were used, based on the specifications in the Work Instruction Packet.
- Inspect fabrication elements, including seams and attachments (belts, buckles, lace hooks).
- Apply embossed metal ID tag with item information.
- Prepare for shipping. All shipping information is included in the Work Instructions.
If a blanket does not pass any part of the FTC Quality Check, the blanket is physically moved back to the design department for correction. The design department will then determine if the blanket is salvageable or if the blanket needs to be re-designed and re-fabricated from scratch. Once the blanket is fixed, it will go through all steps of the FTC Quality Check again.
Fit Tight Covers
1200 N Willow Rd STE 100
Evansville, IN 47711
NEWS & ARTICLES
- Fit Tight Covers Wins CSIA Platinum Level Safety AwardMay 24, 2023 - 8:06 pm
- Calvin Brasel: Elevating Fit Tight Covers to New Heights as Vice PresidentMay 19, 2023 - 8:14 pm
- Can Insulation Covers Improve OSHA Compliance?November 4, 2022 - 2:00 pm