Archive for the ‘Fit Tight News’ Category
November 9th, 2016 by mknoll
Kelly Skelton started with Fit Tight Covers in December of 2012 to assist with office duties, and since then, her responsibilities have increased right along with her commitment to the company. We have all been so pleased with her willingness to help wherever needed, consistently provide excellent service to our customers and her fellow employees, and embody the team spirit of Fit Tight Covers. In an effort to align her title with her true duties, as of November 2016, we promoted Kelly to Office Manager. We look forward to seeing her continued contributions to Fit Tight Covers. Congratulations!
October 24th, 2016 by mknoll
Fit Tight Covers is excited to welcome Tony Allen to our team as our northern field services representative. Just two weeks into his new job, Tony has already demonstrated plenty of enthusiasm for taking care of customers. Based in Michigan, we look forward to sending Tony out quickly to our Northern Indiana, Northern Ohio, and Michigan customers. With 25 years in the blanket business, Tony’s customers have come to rely on Tony for his responsiveness and industry knowledge, and we are thrilled to offer that to our FTC clientele.
To reach Tony:
Feel free to call our home office in Evansville, IN at 812-492-3370, and we can determine the best representative for your needs.
Or you may contact Tony directly at
September 1st, 2016 by mknoll
APPLY ONLINE: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/7508e5cb
Fit Tight Covers designs and fabricates high quality removable insulation systems for industrial and commercial facilities throughout the United States, all while providing unparalleled customer service. We are seeking an Entry Level CAD Specialist to become a part of our team! You will prepare detailed working diagrams of removable insulation blankets for mechanical piping systems and equipment as well as identify areas of improvement to increase efficiency.
This position will work in our facility in Evansville, Indiana.
- Prepare diagrams and drafts for removable insulation blankets on mechanical piping systems, equipment, and machinery
- Calculate dimensions and tolerance using measuring instruments
- Review and modify designs to reduce production deficiencies
- Provide timely updates for drawing completion and workload
- Coordinate with other colleagues regarding complex diagrams
- Completed CAD training course OR experience in SolidWorks 3D
- Familiarity with machine designs and diagrams
- Familiarity with CAD or other related software
- Deadline and detail-oriented
Fit Tight Covers Company, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for positions, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (except where sex is a bonafide occupational qualification), sexual orientation, marital status, disability, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
APPLY ONLINE: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/7508e5cb
October 5th, 2015 by mknoll
On August 18 and 19, 2015, Calvin Brasel, Randy Sanders, and John Staalenburg participated in an Insulation Energy Appraisal Program (IEAP) training course. The 2-day accredited IEAP course teaches students how to review mechanical system specifics and use the latest 3E Plus software to determine the optimal insulation thickness and corresponding energy and dollar savings for a project. Brasel, Sanders, and Staalenburg all passed the accompanying exam, and can now boast of their status as Certified Insulation Energy Appraisers.
As certified appraisers, Brasel, Sanders, and Staalenburg can offer our clients certified insulation energy appraisals to determine possible insulation improvements and their value.
The Energy Appraisal Process:
1. An energy appraisal first involves an onsite facility walk-through. The appraiser will gather data on the insulated and uninsulated piping, ductwork, and equipment. The customer can determine the extent of the audit – the entire facility or maybe just the boiler room.
2. Back at the office, the analysis process begins. Using 3e Plus software, the appraiser will determine actual Btu losses and greenhouse gas emission levels for each system and piece of equipment.
3. An extensive final report will provide recommendations based on the results, as well as potential cost savings through effective mechanical insulation. The report will provide exact payback times and return on investment (ROI) for each system.
4. The most important step is taking advantage of the potential cost and energy savings, and moving forward with the installation of the insulation.
March 23rd, 2015 by mknoll
2014 was a great year of growth for Fit Tight Covers.
- The locations of our customers expanded to Canada and throughout the United States, including Colorado, Iowa, New Jersey, North Carolina, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
- New industries we served: Sound attenuation, fracking, beer distilleries, aerospace, military, and a variety of specialized manufacturing, including computer chips and drywall.
- Continued to serve the following industries: Chemical, refining, power, wastewater, medical, oil & gas, construction, and all steam-condensate and water systems.
- Fully automated our design and fabricating services through our industry specific software and machinery.
- Added sales and services staff, reducing request-for-quote turnaround time to 2 days or less.
- Increased manufacturing staff, decreasing typical delivery times to less than 2 weeks.
- Exhibited at the 2014 Coal-Gen Show.
The Fit Tight Team is excited about 2015! Our customers can continue to expect our excellent customer service and commitment to quality. We are currently testing 3D modeling software that we plan to implement by the end of the year.
As always, contact us with any questions. We are proud to promise a response within a day to all inquiries.
June 5th, 2014 by mknoll
A product developed in-house several years ago, Fit Tight Covers is proud to display the TightWrap info on our website. Many of our customers appreciate TightWrap as a quick alternative to our custom covers.
October 30th, 2013 by mknoll
MICA Fall Meeting
I recently attended the Midwest Insulation Contractors Association Fall Meeting in Omaha, Nebraska. This was my second MICA meeting since we joined early this year.
Once again I was impressed by the quality of the presentations and the speakers. Mr. Beau Reid’s presentation on “Managing your Health Care Options in a Changing Environment” was very informative and a little scary. I hope our elected officials get this figured out sooner rather than later.
Fit Tight Covers participated in the table top display event portion of the meeting. I always enjoy talking to the contractors and other associate members. I think this type of event is the perfect environment to meet new people and discuss new ideas and trends in our industry. What a great way to show off our product and inform potential customers how Fit tight Covers can help them with their removable insulation cover needs. GREAT JOB MICA!
Visit the MICA website for more information.
FTC General Manager
October 13th, 2013 by mknoll
I flew to Nevada the first week of October for a project with Ebara International. Ebara needs blankets for sound attenuation for four vessels that will be part of the largest floating natural gas platform in the world. This platform will be located between Australia and Indonesia. At the last minute, we learned from our customer that we had a 12 hour window to measure the equipment before it shipped. I was very pleased we were able to schedule our flights and provide our normal service on very short notice. All the Ebara personnel involved were top-notch, and the organization is clearly very well organized. I especially appreciated the cooperation from the shipping department, headed up by Rick Maus, for setting up the equipment in a convenient location for measurements.
This situation demonstrates that Fit Tight Covers is willing to do whatever we can to satisfy our customers. We’re located in Evansville, Indiana, but we are willing to travel anywhere. Just give us a call, and we will find a way to get to you when you need us.
More info on Ebara available at their website.
October 10th, 2013 by mknoll
Automated Cutting Machine
Since the purchase of our automated cutting machine in April 2013, we have put forth tremendous effort in switching over production from being completely hand built to using the automated plotting and cutting machine.
At the end of August we were able to successfully move 100% of production to the new process. The design phase now consists of a CAD stem variant replacing hand drawn fabrication drawings. We are able to use the machine and system on the fabrics and the insulation. Fantastic!!!!!!!
The video on our home page shows the CNC Machine in action.
July 10th, 2013 by mknoll
Fit Tight Covers recently hired Randy Sanders to serve in Field Services. Prior to joining Fit Tight Covers, a provider of custom removable insulation systems, Sanders served for six years as an industrial and commercial insulator for Gribbins Insulation.
At Fit Tight Covers, Sanders specializes in onsite measuring for the custom design and fabrication of removable insulation covers for commercial and industrial mechanical piping and equipment. Fit Tight Covers are produced in Evansville, Indiana, and shipped to clients across the United States, from California to New York.